The next morning I had one last thought I wanted to share with Beth regarding the egg experience:
More reveries on the Egg.
It's interesting that I have given more word-space to Bertha and my experience of her than I have to my own egg. But as I think about it, why not? Isn't that the purpose of my whole experience of my egg? To make it a thing of forgotten-ness?
And yet, I can't help but think that Bertha and my egg are related -- they are opposite ends of a continuum. Where Bertha's purpose (for me) is existence, my egg's purpose is oblivion. Where Bertha becomes a living, breathing soul, my egg is snuffed out. I have more connection to Bertha than I do my egg. I think of your egg and I get excited. I think of my egg and I don't feel a thing. My egg went out with the trash today.
Am I sad? No. Because there must be ends to a continuum. In a dual world, there are ends. Bertha is one end, my egg is the other. Both eggs hold the end points so that all the other eggs on the continuum can exist somewhere.
Don't think I didn't think about the assignment over the weekend. Just because I called it Oubliette does not mean I forgot the assignment. I didn't. I seeded the assignment then acted on my gut...no thought involved. Which is why I can honestly say my egg is Oubliette. My egg doesn't live in me anywhere and yet I presented the whole of my assignment in complete accordance with my artistic soul. I put my egg in an oubliette and walked away from it.
I had to...
...in order to experience the wholeness of Bertha and the completeness of whatever my soul tapped into in guiding me through this.
P.S. Can an artist truly portray Oubliette and be successful? Think about it... I do and I'm stumped.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment