
I couldn't get Bertha's "death" and Humpty Dumpty out of my head. As I left class and walked to the bus stop, I had another realization. So when I got home, I sent Beth this:
As I walked to the bus, it dawned on me that Bertha didn't die...Bertha was BORN. Why else did you just "happen" to call her Bertha? Just think of what she's been born into...she is inspiration and beauty. It was the cracks in her shell that caught your attention and began her birth. More and more cracks appeared, like a hatchling pecking its way into existence. And it is the cracks that draw you to her even now that she has evolved. The cracks...isn't it the cracks in us all that makes us the most interesting?
You will take her birth and turn her into a work of beauty. That is her birth...from a humble egg into a beautiful piece of art. How much higher calling than that is there?

No comments:
Post a Comment