Friday, July 6, 2007

Flash Movie

I have been playing around with Flash 8. Check out what I did. It's a link on the sidebar under "Check This Out." It's called, "My First Flash Attempt." (Forget it, it didn't work. I can't ever keep a link to my Yahoo group and that's where it's living. Yahoo is one of the only places I can find that supports SWF files, but the link keeps breaking.)

I'm trying to create a template in Flash where all I have to do is switch out the photos. In November I will be photographing an event. I have been asked to create some kind of slide show presentation that they can run daily with photos taken from the previous day. I considered creating a Power Point presentation, but I was asked to do it in Flash, if at all possible.

I don't know Flash, so I've been reading everything I can about it then playing around. The Flash file I created looks wonderful on the outside, but the file itself is a mess! I have so many different symbols in the library that I have no idea what they do and everything is so scattered, it's pathetic. There's no way I could swap out the photos in any timely fashion. I have Movie Clips and Graphics and when I scrub, some things "work" and others don't.

I have since figured out a lot of the screw ups and I think I can do what I want to do for November, which is to make a template. The movie I tried to post here took me three days to make. Today I made one in a third of the time and its library is filed nicely with all the dewey-decimals filed and in place. :)

I've joined the ranks of YouTube users hoping that I can upload the SWF file there. Ugh! I hate that. I am extremely private to the public but very open in private. I do not like having stuff just sitting out there for others to see and I'm not aware of it. I feel vulnerable.

...later...

Ok, the video I thought I'd be able to upload to YouTube and link here didn't work because it's an SWF and YouTube doesn't support SWFs. I have tried exporting the SWF as an MOV but I used a lot of transitions that my QuickTime player doesn't support so it looks crappy.

Just enjoy the flowers. The Flash presentation was all about flowers.

Grrrrrr.

No comments: