But Indianapolis Dezra has photographed that monument so many times that she turned away from it, bored, and was then able to look differently. The photo on the left is the only photo I took directly of the monument. I was uninspired and wanted something different so I turned away and started looking around at other things. That's when I discovered the monument in the window. And from then on I stopped seeing through Tourist Dezra's eyes and started looking at everything through Indianapolis Dezra's eyes.I need to go through downtown Indianapolis with a real newcomer to the area...one not already so familiar with the architecture and buildings that they can no longer see Indianapolis through fresh eyes.
My next assignment, when I can get to it, is to go on a scavenger hunt. I will go downtown and as Tourist Dezra I will ask people what there is in Indianapolis that is photo-worthy. Then I will go to that place, take some photos, and ask someone already there where my next place should be. I will keep doing that just to see what Indy thinks is photo-worthy.

No comments:
Post a Comment