Saturday, June 7, 2008

Penguin PartAY

When it became known that there were boxes of vinyl penguins just sitting in surplus a terrible plot was hatched. Inflate the penguins and stuff them in Mark's office!

Yippee!!

Mark was gone for the week so Rosiel got us all together and we decorated Mark's office with penguins. Of course I had my camera and of course I took photos.

Then over the weekend I sifted through the photos and created a PDF slideshow. This is what I came up with:

It is fun and cute watching it as is, but it's even better when you are dripping with sweat in a hot and sweltering attic room with Krishna Das chanting over and over for six hours in the background and a steady source of beer at your disposal.

By the time I capped it off with "potty" humor, I was rolling on the floor with tears streaming down my face. Oh how I wish everyone else who was involved could have had the same puerile pleasure I had. They so missed out!

Mark had no idea we did this. And what's even more entertaining is that the locks had been switched out while he was gone. He had a new key but the locksmith was so screwed up that Mark's key didn't work in his lock so he had to call campus police to let him in...at 6:00 in the morning! I had made sure one of the penguins was right there as he opened the door.

He loved it.

I had to take the potty humor out of the PDF file so he could send it to friends.

No comments: